Thursday 23 October 2008

Testing testing



Hi World.


Here's my first chop. It's a second hand BrooksTeam Pro, was honey but has gone very dark (from the previous owner's jeans, no doubt).


I chopped it one balmy evening this summer using Mr Stanley's finest blades.


It's tied underneath with a simple overlap and bolt that goes through the layers of leather, in a sort of tube shape. Closeup pictures of this saddle to follow ...



Today I am testing out some ideas for my first "customer" and, really, the first Skully Chop. It's a green brooks Team Pro belonging to Jonny 'English', he got it at a polo tournament. Seems a bit wonky like it might actually be a second, which I think is a bit lame, but hey they were free from Brooks. The rails are uneven height and the tension bolt looks really skew-wiff. Ah well no problems if it goes a bit pear-shaped. I have an idea for a way of binding the tension straps and I'm excited! Unfortunately Jonny 'paid' me with a bottle of wine which has already been drunk and the job's not done...

No comments:

Post a Comment